It is not necessary to manually install Thonem as it can be automatically installed via Our hosting services, however, if you want to install it on your own hosting, just follow up this easy steps.
It is so easy to manually install Thonem, this article will cover the steps needed to install Thonem manually.
Step 1: Download Thonem
- Download the Thonem package to your local computer from https://www.thonem.com/en/download/.
- Unzip the downloaded package to a folder on your local computer.
Step 2: Upload Thonem to Hosting Account
There are three options available for uploading Thonem to your hosting account.
- Upload via File Manager
- Upload via FTP
- Upload via SSH
Step 3: Create Database and Database User
Thonem stores its information in a database. Therefore, a database will need to be created.
Log into your cPanel account.
- In the Databases section, click the MySQL Database Wizard icon.
- For Step 1: Create A Database, enter the database name and then click Next Step.
- For Step 2: Create Database Users, then enter the database user name and password and click Create User.
- For Step 3: Add User to the Database, click the All Privileges checkbox and click Next Step.
- For Step 4: Complete the task, make note of the database name, username and password, as you will need it in Step 4⤵ below.
Step 4: Run the installer
Open a new browser window and go to the installation URL to run the installation wizard. Depending on where you installed Thonem, you will find it at either of the following URLs:
Be sure to replace example.com in the example above with your domain name.
You should now see a welcome installation page and you have to follow the instructions.
Step 5: Complete Your Installation
You're ready to use Thonem, but there's some features require you to create a cronjob to work, so you should setup our cronjob manager and then you don't have to handle any cronjob on the future.
Congratulations, You're done